Buy any 5 bottles and get your 6th bottle absolutely free!

10% off when you buy 6 bottles

15% off when you buy 12 bottles

Cerified Organic

Pierre-Olivier Garcia began his venture in 2016 with a small parcel of vines in Nuits-Saint-Georges and an old house in the centre of Nuits which he restored and converted into a winery.

From the beginning, the project aimed to restore biodiversity in the vineyards, something he felt had been lost due to the focus on single-crop farming across the region. This ‘eco-attitude’ means Pierre-Olivier experiments with cereals, ploughing, planting trees and even using chickens to graze the land, in an attempt to bring back bees and butterflies to his 0.4 hectares of vineyard.

In addition, he sources grapes from a network of grower friends, with whom he works closely, in order to have as much control over the quality as possible.

Pierre-Olivier Garcia is an advocate of low-intervention winemaking. He uses no new oak, believing its character inhibits the wine’s ability to express its origin. He also pioneered ‘baie par baie’, or ‘berry by berry’, a painstaking process which involves hand-cutting each individual grape from the bunch, with the stalk intact. This technique takes 30 people an entire day to complete a single barrel, yet Pierre-Olivier perseveres with this practise since it results in enhanced aromas and complexity in the finished wine.

The Aligoté ‘Les Champs Tions’ is a serious style of Aligoté sourced from grapes grown in Fixin and vinified solely in oak. Made using 50% whole-bunch fermentation, the Marsannay ‘Clos du Roy’ has aromas of crunchy red fruits, floral notes and fine tannins, an intense wine for this level. The three Nuits-Saint-Georges wines, ‘Les Herbues’, ‘Les Charmois’ and ‘Les Grandes Vignes’, are made using different ratios of ‘baie par baie’, whole bunches and destemmed grapes. While all displaying delicate floral aromas and velvety tannins, each shows a strong expression of their ‘climat’ within this famous village.

Finally, the Corton Grand Cru is made using 100% ‘baie par baie’, the result is an intense, deep and energetic wine with subtle floral character, vibrant fruit and very fine tannins.

This tiny address in Nuits-Saint-Georges already has a cult following and a bright future ahead.

Soils of 'La Folie' vineyard are derived from the typical Beaujolais pink granite subsoil with an arenitic sandy layer deposited over the steep slopes of the western part of the Brouilly appellation. The soils ensure good drainage and essential nutrients for the vines.

An outstanding, if challenging vintage in Burgundy. Despite a few frost spells, spring was mild which resulted in an early flowering. Summer saw hot and consistently dry temperatures which, although having an impact on yields and facilitating the need for careful crop management, resulted in virtually no disease outbreaks in the vineyards. The grapes that survived the hot conditions were in optimal health by harvest, showing intense and vibrant flavour profiles.

After careful selection, 90% of the grapes were destemmed and the remaining 10% left in whole bunches to undergo fermentation. Post-fermentation, the wine was aged in oak barrels for 10 months, 20% of which was new.

This Gamay is deep red in colour with precise notes of pure red fruit and hints of spice on the palate. The wine has stunning balance with bright acidity and depth of fruit resulting in a long finish.

ABV 13.5%

2020 Pierre-Olivier Garcia, Brouilly `La Folie`

Regular price £35.99
Unit price
per 
(0)
 

10% off when you buy 6 bottles or 15% off when you buy 12 bottles

100% Bio-dynamic and organic

Recyclable packaging

Cerified Organic

Pierre-Olivier Garcia began his venture in 2016 with a small parcel of vines in Nuits-Saint-Georges and an old house in the centre of Nuits which he restored and converted into a winery.

From the beginning, the project aimed to restore biodiversity in the vineyards, something he felt had been lost due to the focus on single-crop farming across the region. This ‘eco-attitude’ means Pierre-Olivier experiments with cereals, ploughing, planting trees and even using chickens to graze the land, in an attempt to bring back bees and butterflies to his 0.4 hectares of vineyard.

In addition, he sources grapes from a network of grower friends, with whom he works closely, in order to have as much control over the quality as possible.

Pierre-Olivier Garcia is an advocate of low-intervention winemaking. He uses no new oak, believing its character inhibits the wine’s ability to express its origin. He also pioneered ‘baie par baie’, or ‘berry by berry’, a painstaking process which involves hand-cutting each individual grape from the bunch, with the stalk intact. This technique takes 30 people an entire day to complete a single barrel, yet Pierre-Olivier perseveres with this practise since it results in enhanced aromas and complexity in the finished wine.

The Aligoté ‘Les Champs Tions’ is a serious style of Aligoté sourced from grapes grown in Fixin and vinified solely in oak. Made using 50% whole-bunch fermentation, the Marsannay ‘Clos du Roy’ has aromas of crunchy red fruits, floral notes and fine tannins, an intense wine for this level. The three Nuits-Saint-Georges wines, ‘Les Herbues’, ‘Les Charmois’ and ‘Les Grandes Vignes’, are made using different ratios of ‘baie par baie’, whole bunches and destemmed grapes. While all displaying delicate floral aromas and velvety tannins, each shows a strong expression of their ‘climat’ within this famous village.

Finally, the Corton Grand Cru is made using 100% ‘baie par baie’, the result is an intense, deep and energetic wine with subtle floral character, vibrant fruit and very fine tannins.

This tiny address in Nuits-Saint-Georges already has a cult following and a bright future ahead.

Soils of 'La Folie' vineyard are derived from the typical Beaujolais pink granite subsoil with an arenitic sandy layer deposited over the steep slopes of the western part of the Brouilly appellation. The soils ensure good drainage and essential nutrients for the vines.

An outstanding, if challenging vintage in Burgundy. Despite a few frost spells, spring was mild which resulted in an early flowering. Summer saw hot and consistently dry temperatures which, although having an impact on yields and facilitating the need for careful crop management, resulted in virtually no disease outbreaks in the vineyards. The grapes that survived the hot conditions were in optimal health by harvest, showing intense and vibrant flavour profiles.

After careful selection, 90% of the grapes were destemmed and the remaining 10% left in whole bunches to undergo fermentation. Post-fermentation, the wine was aged in oak barrels for 10 months, 20% of which was new.

This Gamay is deep red in colour with precise notes of pure red fruit and hints of spice on the palate. The wine has stunning balance with bright acidity and depth of fruit resulting in a long finish.

ABV 13.5%

Always organic

At the heart of our philosophy is our passion for delivering wines that our good for our customers and good for the planet. Whilst we have many wines that are also Bio-dynamic, Vegan or Vegetarian, the essential element is that all of our wines have been produced using organic farming and production methods.

Expertly curated

1,000’s of hours are spent researching, searching, tasting and comparing our organic and Bio-dynamic wine selection. We always consider our customers needs, we listen to feedback and always endeavour to match our wines to our customers tastes. Our wines are carefully chosen and presented thoughtfully.